Tuesday, April 2, 2019

March 2019 Challenge Update & April TBR

I really cannot believe that we are already a quarter of the way through the year.  The past three months have flown by in a whirl wind of activities, books and illnesses. I am actually pretty happy to see spring even though it means we will be getting even busier.  I am still having to lean on audio books pretty heavily due to everything I need to get done, multi-tasking is a must anymore. So let's take a look at how my challenges are stacking up . . . 


Children's Books
30-40 books
6. The Panda Problem


Early Reader Books
30-40 books

Graphic Novel
25 books

Audio Book Challenge
50 books - (Caffinated Reader hosted)
11. The One and Only Ivan
12. Homer's Odyssey
13. The Crossover
14. Swindle
15. The Last
16. Artificial Condition
17. Warrior of the Wild
18. Queen's Shadow
19. The Wicked King
20. Hello Universe
21. City of Ghosts


Classic Books
5 books
None

Big Books
10 books over 500 pages
2. The Mountain's Call

RI Authors
20 books
None


Borrowed Books
30-40 books

Re-Reads 
15 books

Beat the Backlist
75 books - (Novelknight hosted) - only using books I already own
11. Homer's Odyssey
12. Refugee


The Never Ending Series
Warland Chronicles: Book1, Book 2, Book 3, Book 4,


Requested Reviews
No more than 25 new acceptances (& catch up on old requests)
6. The Panda Problem (Direct Request)
7. Wicked Saints (Direct Request)

Recently Added to Shelves
Limited purchases (must total less than 200) and read soon
1. Dragon of Ash & Stars - (Jan./ Jan.) DNF
2. The Snow Gypsy (Jan./ )
3. Book Nerds & Boyfriends (Jan./Feb. ) *
4. WarDance (Jan/ )
5. Warsong (Jan./ )
6. The Only Harmless Great Thing (Jan/Jan.)
7. Who in the World is Carmen Sandiego (Jan./ Jan.)
8. Lost Boy (Jan/ )
9. Year One (Jan/ )
10. Girl Who Drank the Moon (Jan/ )
11. King of Scars (Jan/ )
12. Dactyl Hill Squad (Feb./)
13. The Darkdeep  (Feb./)
14. Voices (Feb./Feb.) 
15. Wicked King (Feb./March) *
16. Lord of the Fading Lands (Feb./)
17. Crown of Feathers (Feb./)
18. Argos: The Story of Odysseus as told by his Loyal Dog (Feb./)
19. 100 Hugs (Feb./ Feb.) 
20. Binti 2: Home (Feb./March)
23. Binti 3: Night Masquerade (Feb./March) *
24. Artificial Condition (Feb./March)
25. Rogue Protocol (Feb./March)
26. Trial of Lightening  (Feb./)
27. The Last (Endling) (Feb./March)
28. Aquicorn Cove (Feb./Feb.) 
29. Thick as Thieves (Feb./ Feb.)
30. Aru Shah and the End of Time (March/)
31. Foundryside (March/)
32. Wundersmith (March/)
33. City of Ghosts (March/March) *
34. Saga Vol. 8 (March/)
35. Saga Vol. 9 (March/)
36. Warrior of the Wild (March/March)
37. Book Love (March/March)
38. Queen's Shadow (March/March) *
39. A Curse So Dark and Lonely (March/)
40. Shadow of Doubt (March/)
41. Gates of Stone (March/)
42. In Her Sights (March/)
43. Nevermoor (March/)
44. A Conspiracy of Truths 
(March/)
45. The Wild Robot (March/March)  *
46. Resurrections (March/) 


January Reading Stats:
I read a total of 28 books this month
2,983 pages read and 3 days, 3 hours and 47 minutes of listening



Resolutions Check in:
1. Borrow More Books: I have definitely been using my library more and have finally starting putting holds on print books. - CHECK
2. Purchase Less Books: So March is my birthday month so I always tend to go a little overboard on books this month. Last year I purchased 31 books! This year I nearly cut that in half with only 16! Still not great but less than last month and definitely less than last year. - CHECK
3. Read Big Books: I did manage to read one big book over 500 pages, it was a re-read but still counts. I have also started one over 600 pages - CHECK
4. Re-Read More: I still managed to re-read one book this month - CHECK
5. Put Less Pressure and Stress on Myself: I didn't do as good on this goal but I did skip a few posts when I was sick. I also only DNFed one book but I should have DNFed another couple. It is a work in progress.  - CHECK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I had a really great month in March and I kind of want to keep the ball rolling. Unfortunately my TBR shelf didn't have a lot of titles calling to be read, so I had to do a little refresh and rotated so books in and others out.  I do have Dewey's Readathon coming up this weekend and Tome Topple coming up soon too. So I think a smaller TBR over all will be a good call for this month.


Wardance & Warsong
Beyond a Darkened Shore
Malice * currently Reading
In Her Sights
Pangaea: Sunslinger & Revelations Part 1
Wastelander
Holy Sister
The Storm Crow
Aru Shah and the End of Time
Nevermoor & Wundersmith
A Conspiracy of Truths
Outlander
Crown of Feathers
Princess & The Fangirl
Saga Vol. 8 & Saga Vol. 9



While this seems like a lot, I think it will be a nice blend of quick reads and chunky books, audio books and physical books.


What are you most looking forward to reading in April?

No comments:

Post a Comment