Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Gifts to Give People Trying to Finish their Goodreads Challenge

Top 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes on Youtube.


This week's topic is to make a gift list for __________, it could be a list for fans of Outlander, Harry Potter houses, super hero fans, etc. whatever you could come up with for a list.  I thought it sounded like a really fun topic and I had a few different ideas, but with so many readers scrambling to finish their challenges for the year I thought it would be fun to post some quick reads to help them finish up their challenge for 2018.


So last year I was in the first slump I have experienced in a long time but this book was light and fun, a touch of romance and a lot of geek. It was a really quick and easy read that pulled me out of my slump. 


Books in verse are always a great way to get your challenge conquered quickly, and Song of the Sparrow is one of my all time favorites! I read it years ago and it still hold a place of honor on my shelves. It is a King Arthur re-telling of the Lady of the Shallot. 


Another sure bet way to overcome a challenge deficit is with Graphic Novels.  While Alone is a pretty chunky one and can be a little difficult to track down, I think it would be a good one to read especially this time of year. Alone is about a man who lives alone in an off shore lighthouse with no human contact until one person reaches out to him.


Another great way to tally up books quickly is to revisit old favorites and also listen to audio books. I highly recommend the Winnie the Pooh audio books, especially the ones done by Peter Dennis, you get the character voices you remember from the TV shows.


Finally, why not pick up a Christmas classic, I loved this Santa origin story last year, it is a fairly short read and is pretty entertaining, and of course it will really get you in the holiday spirit.




What books would you suggest for someone trying to squeeze in a few more books to complete their challenge?  What gift list would you put together?


2 comments:

  1. I read Geekerella this year too! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so light and fun and quirky, everything I had needed at the time.

      Delete