Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Naughty List Book Tag

I haven't done a book tag in quite a while, so I went out to find a fun Christmas one to do.  I came across the Bookish Naughty List Tag on Jenniely's Blog and it looked like a fun holiday tag to participate in.  


1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it  - Naughty
 Sadly, yes but even though I am behind I am still working on them. I have quite a bit of catching up to do. I have also DNFed a couple of ARCs because they just weren't the book for me.

2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley - Nice
Nope, even though I am behind on reviewing ARCs I still manage to keep a 90% rating

3. Rated a book on goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) - Nice
I keep books in my currently reading list until the review is complete. I always review on Goodreads first and then add it to my blog.

4. Folded down the page of a book - Nice
I usually use a bookmark, and if I don't have one handy I just remember the page or chapter I am on. Granted I usually finish a book in a few days so I don't have to remember things for long.

5. Accidentially spilled on a book - Naughty
Honestly, how do you not spill on a book, I am often snacking and drinking while reading. Though I am usually pretty good about not spilling anything permanently damaging on my book, I have learned to drink from a cup with a lid. 

6. DNF a book this year - Naughty (or is it Nice to myself)
I am very proud of the fact that I have DNFed a bunch of books this year, why should I put myself through reading a book when it doesn't appeal to me?!

7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it - Nice
 I always have the intention of reading a book, whether I get to it or not is a whole other question!

8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) - Naughty
Pretty much every day, I read at work, while I do stay on top of my work, there is always more that could be done. And just last night, I should have done a second load of dishes and folded laundry but I read instead. 

9. Skim read a book - Naughty
I do read very quickly and sometimes I am guilty of more skimming that reading. 

10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal - Nice
I don't think I have ever missed my Goodreads goal.

11. Borrowed a book and not returned it - Naughty
I have a couple of books friends have loaned me (not by my request but by their suggestion) that I have yet to read and return to them.

12. Broke a book buying ban - Naughty
I am terrible at buying bans so I have started leaning more towards regulating instead of banning.

13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about - Naughty
I haven't fully forgotten what a book was about but I have forgotten character names and exact events and timelines. 

14. Wrote in a book you were reading - Naughty
Granted I haven't done this since college, now I mostly just flag things with stickies and write on the stickies.

15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads - Naughty
A lot of the self published books I purchase in person are not listed on Goodreads.  There was also a time when I was embarrassed by the romance books I read and didn't add them to my Goodreads, now though I add everything I can add.



Wow, I guess I have been a bit Naughty, but it is so good ;)

So are you Naughty or Nice? I would love to see your answers too!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love all these bookish confessions. I think not finishing a book shouldn't be considered naughty though. There is no shame is putting a book down if you aren't into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun, I thought I was pretty nice but apparently I am a naughty reader LOL! I totally agree with DNFing a book, it has take a lot of years to give myself permission to put down a book I am not enjoying and I am proud that I have started doing it more.

      Delete