Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Advent Reads Day 12: Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas by Katie Ruggle

Read for: Requested Review/Netgalley & I love everything Katie Ruggle writes

Synopsis: "In the heart of the Rockies
In the arms of a cowboy
One white Christmas can change everything.

When firefighter and single dad Steve Springfield moved his four kids to a Colorado Christmas tree ranch, he intended for it to be a safe haven. But he never expected danger to follow them to his childhood home...

Or that he would come face-to-face with the one girl he could never forget.

Folk artist Camille Brandt lives a quiet life. As the town's resident eccentric, she's used to being lonely--until Steve freaking Springfield changes everything. Brave and kind, he's always had a piece of her heart, and it doesn't take long before she's in danger of falling for him and his rambunctious kids. But as mysterious fires break out across the sleepy Colorado town, Steve and Camille will have to fight if they want their happy family to survive until Christmas..."


My Review: As you all probably know, I have been obsessed with Katie Ruggle's books since discovering them last spring. I wasn't sure what was next after reading the final book of the K-9 Unit series, but I am thrilled that we have the start of a new series. Not only do we have a new series but it kicks off with Steve, who has been a minor side character through both series so far, and we get cowboys! We are also introduced to Camille and I immediately related to her, she suffers from social anxiety and I definitely get it, especially around the holiday season. As with Ruggle's previous books we get a bit of romance and some serious suspense and danger. I loved the family and close knit community feel combined with all the Christmas vibes, it really got me ready for the holiday season, and more in this series!


My Rating:  Even though I read this a couple of months ago, it is still in my mind.  Sometimes a book just hits all your happy words in the title alone and it only goes up from there.  I thoroughly enjoyed this one and really connected with the characters a lot.  I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!


 I received a complementary copy of this book via Netgalley, the above is my honest opinion.

If you want to find out more about Katie Ruggle and her books you can check out her Goodreads Page or Website.

Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas was just released this fall so you can get your own copy right now (along with all of her earlier series, which this is a branch off of but you don't need to read them to enjoy this one).  You can purchase it in digital or print format from Amazon or Barnes & Noble or ask your favorite local bookseller to track down a copy for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment