Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas Fun Day 20: Christmas Music

Hello and Happy Holiday season everyone! In addition to my Advent Reads event this holiday season, I thought I would post earlier in the day with different things we do each day to have fun and celebrate this season. I hope you will join us and also maybe share some of your own traditions or ways you celebrate.
 
 
One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is the music, it takes some serious restraint for me not to start listening to it before Thanksgiving! I really tend to prefer the hymns you hear in church over the other holiday jingles. I also prefer when they are sung the way they were traditionally written, not with all the embellishments a lot of the new artists tend to put on the songs. But anyway, some of my favorites are Carol of the Bells, We Three Kings, O Come Emmanuel, Do You Hear What I Hear, and more.  Munchkin started really listening this year and he likes "Over the Hills" (Go Tell it On the Mountain, and "See What I See" (Do You Hear What I Hear).
 
My current CD collection in my car 

The Martina McBride and Julie Andrews CDs are absolutely fantastic! The Joy to the World is one that is best for kids, it has kids singing and the music and lyrics are clear and simplistic.
 
And the CDs I have been listening to in the office
 
I have loved just about everything The Piano Guys put out, I have been watching their youtube channel for years now. And Andrea Bocelli's voice just makes me melt!
 
 
 
 
So what are your favorite songs? Any favorite CDs I should check out? What are you listening to?
 

2 comments:

  1. I tend to like the hymn Christmas music too. Pentatonix has been a fun discovery this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am glad you started listening to Pentatonix! I have been following them since they were on The Sing Off and can't get enough of them! It is so cute we have been listening to Christmas music so much (and Munchkin's favorites on repeat almost) that he started singing Go Tell it on the Mountain in the car this morning.

      Delete