Thursday, December 22, 2016

Advent Reads Day 22: A Midnight Clear by Katherine Paterson

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!
 
 
Synopsis: "Each Christmas Eve when John Paterson was a pastor, he read an original story to his congregation--a story that illuminated the true meaning of the holiday season, written by his wife, two-time Newbery Medalist Katherine Paterson. Now you, too, can share them. Whether depicting a child coping with disappointment, friendship between young and old, or a couple awaiting the birth of their baby, these stories present a vision of hope and peace harking back to that first Christmas over two thousand years ago. Here is the perfect holiday gift for friends, families, and church congregations--to read aloud and share throughout the Christmas season and beyond."

My Review: This was a nice collection of short stories for a younger audience but everyone can enjoy them. The stories for the most part seem to be about connecting the younger generation with the older generations. Some sweet sentimental stories and some great lessons can be taken away from these stories. They do tend to lean more toward the religious side but don't smack you over the head with it so they can be enjoyed by nearly everyone.
 
My Rating: This is a great cohesive collection of holiday stories that would be great to read with children or even the whole family over dinner or dessert during the Christmas season.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.


No comments:

Post a Comment