Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Advent Reads Day 21: Bedtime Story: The Lump of Coal by Lemony Snicket

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!
 
 
Synopsis: "This is a story about a lump of coal who can think, talk, and move itself around."

My Review: This book has been on my wish list for some time but found the audio version available on Overdrive. It was narrated by Neil Patrick Harris (who has quickly become my favorite children's book narrator). This was a little bit of a silly story but has a great message. I must admit it was a little hard to picture in my mind but the message gets across just fine, though I would suggest if you are reading this with kids to get a book with pictures. I really love the message of miracles where you don't expect them, and while you may not get what you want right away, you may get it in a round about way.
 
My Rating: We listened to this on audio book and while I love Neil Patrick Harris' narration, I think it would have been better to see the illustrations along with the story. It does have great message and one that might come in handy for those families who can't produce the much wished for special gift. I give it a rating of Three Paws.
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment