Saturday, December 24, 2016

Advent Reads Day 24: Bedtime Story: Little Critter's Night Before Christmas by Mercer Mayer

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!
 
 
 
Synopsis: "In a sprightly retelling of the holiday classic, Little Critter dreams of dancing sugarplums while patiently waiting for Santa and his reindeer to arrive."

My Review: As I have said before, Little Critter has a special place in our hearts and our shelves but we had never read this one before. I love how the words and rhyme were slightly altered with more modern words young readers will recognize and to also fit the characters of the story, but it wasn't so drastic as to turn off the lovers of the classic story. It is a fun one to read to the kids during this holiday season.
 
My Rating: This is probably my favorite re-telling of this classic that I have come across so far, and Munchkin loves it as well. We give it a rating of Four Paws!
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment