Thursday, December 15, 2016

Advent Reads Day 15: A Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!
 
 
Synopsis: "The Christmas season is the time of year when families practice traditions of old and begin their own customs. Chicken Soup has been a part of these traditions for many years, and our new Christmas."

My Review: I have really enjoyed Chicken Soup books in years past, they always send you on a roller coaster of emotions. I figured this one would be a great way to get into the holiday spirit. Some of the stories were really great but I found that most of them sounded forced to me. I didn't get quite as emotional as I usually do with these collections of stories and really didn't enjoy some of the stories. It may have been the narration too, they were all narrated in a monotone voice with little inflection, so that may have taken something away from the book as well. Some readers may still enjoy it, but for me it wasn't up to par with the previous Chicken Soup books or even the feel good holiday books I am used to reading.
  
 
My Rating: I didn't get the warm and fuzzy feelings like I usually do with the Chicken Soup books. I give this one a rating of Two Paws.




No comments:

Post a Comment