Sunday, December 11, 2016

Advent Reads Day 11: Christmas Caramel Murder by Joanne Fluke

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!
 
 
 
Synopsis: "Christmas normally descends on Lake Eden, Minnesota, as gently as reindeer alighting on a rooftop—but this yuletide season the only thing coming down Hannah Swensen’s chimney is a case of murder . . .

The holidays have arrived, and Hannah and her good pal Lisa have agreed to provide all the goodies for the town’s annual production of A Christmas Carol. But before anyone can say “Bah, humbug!” a Santa-sized sackful of trouble ensues. Like the fact that Lisa’s husband will be playing Mr. Claus to his ex-girlfriend Phyllis Bates’ Mrs. Claus. Or that before the curtains even go up Phyllis is found dead in the snow—wearing a costume that the real Mrs. Claus would put on the naughty list. Soon after the suspects pile up faster than snowdrifts in a blizzard, while a merry murderer remains on the loose. With clues even harder to find, it might take a visit from ghosts of Christmas past to wrap up this mystery in time for the holidays . . .

Includes Over a Dozen Holiday Recipes from The Cookie Jar!"


My Review: I am not normally a mystery reader but I try to read different genres for the Advent Reads event on my blog. This looked like a nice short audio book that was perfect for the holidays. In hindsight this may have been better as a print book. It is a quick little murder mystery but not my cup of tea, you are clearly lead in certain directions with the information you receive. Also it kind of drives me crazy when people who are not a part of law enforcement get involved with investigations, especially when they seem to just drop their real lives to play cop, which is exactly what Hannah does. With that said, if that is what you enjoy then this is a perfect book for you. Also don't forget the recipes for holiday goodies at then end of nearly every chapter, it honestly made me a little hungry and wish I was a little better at cooking and baking!
  
 
My Rating: This is kind of the reason I don't read mysteries, if the author can't create one good enough they simply don't give you the information you need to figure it out yourself. And I really dislike when citizens get involved where they shouldn't. Anyway if you like mysteries, maybe this is one you will enjoy but it just wasn't for me. I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment