Monday, July 25, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 25 - Stage Fright on a Summer Night

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
Book 25 kicks off another four book set within the series.  This time Morgan sends Jack and Annie out to learn to be magicians through books and reading.  This first adventure sends them back in time to London where they meet the famed William and are called to help him on stage.
 
 
 
My Review: I didn't realize who was going to be featured in this book and was thrilled to find out it was Shakespeare. I really enjoyed this book and the way it was presented. They didn't use the research book a lot and there wasn't any danger but it was still a fun filled book. This is one that adults will also enjoy reading with kids, the hints at Shakespeare's other works and the historical facts were great.
 
My Rating: I really enjoyed this one, it really down played Shakespeare as he didn't really grow to the fame he holds now until later.  I enjoyed all the historical facts about the time that are integrated into the story so well.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment