Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tasty Attempts: Parmesan Mushrooms with Mozzarella Basil Cream Sauce

 I am now posting Tasty Attempts every other Tuesday. The posts will include a variety of recipes, maybe some of them turn out tasty, maybe others are failed attempts.
 
 
So throughout the winter, I look for some hearty meals to make over the weekend that will be filling and have some leftovers for the week. I had a box of Orzo Pasta that seems to stretch a long way, so I went on a hunt for a recipe that would use some of it up.  I came across THIS RECIPE on Pinterest for Parmesan Meatballs in a Mozzarella Basil Cream Sauce.
 
Oddly enough, even though it calls for a ton of ingredients, I had everything I needed on hand.  I will tell you though, it says it takes 40 minutes to prepare, that must be a time frame for professional chefs who have a staff assisting with prep and clean up throughout the process!! The amount of steps and dishes this created alone would make me not want to cook this dish again.  It was delicious but so much work. I did like how it had all food groups in one dish but you need a darn big pan!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love yummy food but not preparing it. That is just too much work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind as long as it is simple and I prefer if Munchkin isn't hanging on me whining too. But Hubby is so much better at meals like this!

      Delete