Sunday, January 3, 2016

Bout of Books #15 Sign Up & Updates

I love kicking off the new year with a readathon and Bout of Books has me covered! I really cannot wait to dive into all my new books for the year.
 
Here is the information you need in case you want to sign up too!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 4th and runs through Sunday, January 10th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 15 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
 
  

So this post is going to be my base for the week, I will continue to come back and update it each day with my progress (as I already have a lot of posts planned for this week and don't want things too jumbled up).  I will also be updating via twitter at @EasternSunset9

 


Time Devoted to Reading

I would like to read between 4-5 hours each day and read about 250 pages each day.
Averaging about 2 hours and work and another 2-3 at home after Munchkin goes to bed.
  

My Goals

Read a total of 1,500 pages

Read at least 4 hours each day

Read and finish at least 1 requested review novel

My goal is to read at least a total of 15 books this week
 
 
 

Books to Read

Gwendolyn's Sword - 354 pages
Princess Diaries - 283 pages
Collecting Seashells by the Seashore - 84 pages
Blow Snow Blow - 24 pages
Plane Pals - 32 pages
Just a Snowman - 24 pages
Curious George Makes Syrup - 24 pages
Rubble to the Rescue - 24 pages
Club Midnight - 63 pages
Bloodlines - 77 pages
The Elite - 7:42 (336 pages)
The Guard - 64 pages
The Favorite - 120 pages
The One - 7:25 (323 pages)
Korgi Vol. 3 - 112 pages
Knight at Dawn - 80 pages


Extras
Winter's Thaw - 164 pages
The Ferry Home - 160 Pages
How Mirka Got Her Sword - 144 pages
 
 

Updates:

Monday
Number of Pages I've read today: 320 plus 4hrs listening (about 212 pages) = 532 pages
Total Number of Pages:  532
Time spent reading today: about 7 hours total
Total number of books I've read: 7
Books completed: The Elite, Rubble to the Rescue, Just a Snowman, The Guard, Blow Snow Blow, Club Midnight
Thoughts: I spent quite a bit of time at the office reading Gwendolyn's Sword but as soon as I was out of work I got back into listening to The Elite (I was already about a third through it). I slipped on the ice in the morning and spent much of the night icing my ankle and I couldn't sleep so I just read like crazy.  After going to the doctor Tuesday morning I am sentenced to resting and elevating at home in bed or on the couch, guess I will surround myself with some books to pass the time more pleasantly!



Tuesday

Number of Pages I've read today: 530 plus 6 hours listening (about 280 pages) = 810 pages
Total Number of Pages:  1,342
Time spent reading today: about 10 hours
Total number of books I've read: 13
Books completed: The Elite, Rubble to the Rescue, Just a Snowman, The Guard, Blow Snow Blow, Club Midnight, How Mirka Got Her Sword, Korgi Vol 3, Knight at Dawn
Thoughts: I was ordered to sit on the couch with my foot elevated all day, so I guess that lead to a lot of reading time. I have been loving the Selection series and can't seem to get enough of it. I am nearly done with The One and only have The Heir left. While this is all a wonderful little break from work, it is about to be interrupted, Munchkin is sick and can't go to preschool at least Wednesday and possibly the rest of the week.
 

Wednesday

 Number of Pages I've read today: 153 plus 2 hours of listening (about 110 pages) = 263 pages
Total Number of Pages:  1,605
Time spent reading today: about 4 hours
Total number of books I've read: 14
Books completed: The Elite, Rubble to the Rescue, Just a Snowman, The Guard, Blow Snow Blow, Club Midnight, How Mirka Got Her Sword, Korgi Vol. 3, Knight at Dawn, Just a Little Sick, The Favorite, The One
Thoughts: As I suspected, having Munchkin home sick with me definitely cut into my reading time. That said the draw of the Selection series has been too much to resist. I have only one more book in the series before having to wait for the final book.
 
 

Thursday
Number of Pages I've read today: 267 plus 2 hours of listening (about 110 pages) = 377 pages
Total Number of Pages:  1,982
Time spent reading today: about 7 hours
Total number of books I've read: 19
Books completed: The Elite, Rubble to the Rescue, Just a Snowman, The Guard, Blow Snow Blow, Club Midnight, How Mirka Got Her Sword, Korgi Vol. 3, Knight at Dawn, Just a Little Sick, The Favorite, The One, Bloodlines, Star of the Morning, Collecting Seashells by the Seashore
Thoughts: Not a bad day of reading considering Munchkin was home with me all day. The Heir kind of took me off guard, the different voice narrating it and jump in the timeline. I did however start the Princess Diary series which is already so different from the movie!


Friday
Number of Pages I've read today: 36 plus 4 hours of listening (about 190 pages) = 226 pages
Total Number of Pages:  2,208
Time spent reading today: about 4 hours
Total number of books I've read: 20
Books completed: The Elite, Rubble to the Rescue, Just a Snowman, The Guard, Blow Snow Blow, Club Midnight, How Mirka Got her Sword, Korgi Vol. 3, Knight at Dawn, Just a Little Sick, The Favorite, The One, Bloodlines, Star of the Morning, Collecting Seashells by the Seashore, Curious George Makes Syrup
Thoughts: I finally was able to go into work and it was insane, there was absolutely no time for reading at the office this time. I did listen to The Heir a bunch at night while I was working on my planners and then a tiny bit of Princess Diaries.  I plan to finish at least Princess Diaries this weekend.



Saturday & Sunday
Number of Pages I've read today:
Total Number of Pages: 
Time spent reading today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books completed:
Thoughts:




 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenges:


I don't normally participate in challenges in the Bout of Books because I like to focus my time on getting as much reading in as I can but if I do participate you will see my answers and or photos or whatever the challenge requires posted here with a link to the challenge.


 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment