Monday, January 4, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 1 - Dinosaurs Before Dark

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
The first book is Dinosaurs Before Dark where we meet Jack & Annie and discover a tree house in the woods, filled with books, and embark on a great adventure in prehistoric times.
 
 
My Review (January 2016): I re-read this book for the start of the Magic Tree House series on my blog. It was just as thrilling to read this time around. It is full of adventure and is appropriate for both boys and girls and has a good chance of capturing the interest of reluctant readers. It has magic, mystery, books, science and of course dinosaurs.  I am looking forward to when Munchkin is able to start reading this series (it won't be much longer). This is a great first chapter book for readers who are beyond the level reading style books.
 
My Rating: This is a great book for young readers and will hopefully get young kids into reading. All the elements of the book give each reader something to enjoy. I give this book a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment