Thursday, January 7, 2016

After Dark Review of Drain Me Dry by Leigh Wilder

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
Read for: Series Review, Mount TBR Digital
 
Synopsis: "19 year old Jamie has had it with living. He has a terrible job, no friends, and his home life is unbearable. He wants to end it all, but is too frightened to slit his own wrists. Instead he goes to The Victorian, a seedy underground blood den for vampires and their groupies, where he hopes to find an angel of death to end it all for him. Instead he finds Damian, who has much sexier things on his mind than death. Will Jamie succeed in his plan of suicide by vampire, or will he get an unexpected HEA?

This story is m/m paranormal erotica. It contains BDSM, anal sex, dubious consent, blood play, age gap (116 years), bjs."


My Review: This was just okay for me, it was a very short and you don't really get a chance to know either character all that well. I am not a fan of Jamie, he is overly weak in both personality and mentally for me. It is very in your face explicit, which is fine when you are looking for this type of book, I just wasn't expecting to jump right in, I was hoping for more of a storyline. There are hints to a future storyline, I just hope that the rest of the books are a little longer and develop more of a story.
 
My Rating: This one caught me a little off guard, I was expecting a more developed storyline to go with the steamy explicit scenes (which were also more violent than I was expecting). I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment