Sunday, June 14, 2015

Story Stacks: Construction Books

Welcome to Story Stack, a new meme here on Eastern Sunset Reads!
For Story Stack I will put together a list of books based on a common theme, probably mostly children's books since this idea arrived as I struggled to organize Munchkin's overflowing bookshelves.
 
We have now officially arrived in the road construction season! Of course there are loads of books out there about construction and the big equipment used, and of course having a little boy and a diesel mechanic husband, we have loads of these books. Here are our top 10 Construction Books.
 
 
  1. Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site - This is a current favorite book and I read it at least once a day!
  2. Big Cat the Proud - I love this book it is small, yet sturdy and pocket sized! It is so handy to whip out in traffic or at a restaurant.
  3. Dump Truck - a dump truck shaped board book with real pictures and of course it has wheels that turn so you can read it and then drive it!
  4. I am a Dump Truck - it is a dump truck shaped board book, how can you beat that in a little boy's eyes?! (except of course #3 that has wheels)
  5. Dig In! - an interactive book with things to spin and slide. Not to ruin anything but they aren't building what you think they are!
  6. Roadwork - Building a road from the ground up with lots of sound effects to make.
  7. I'm a Bulldozer - all the great and powerful things bulldozers can do.
  8. If I Could Drive a Dump Truck - an interesting combination of illustrations and photographs all what you can do on the construction site.
  9. My Truck is Stuck! - Darn those pot holes, this truck gets stuck in one and the amount it takes to get out is crazy!
  10. A Hole in the Road - this is what we see all the time, patches for those pot holes.
 
So there you have it! Construction books for those road trip traffic jams or just for little fans!
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how little boys love trucks and tractors etc? It reminds me of some show I saw once that has a guy promising kids if they're really good they can watch a video of a house being blown up. I can't remember what it was now but it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh it is like it is born in them to love all vehicles and make that engine sound with their mouths (I never could make that sound right). Haha such a boy thing!

      Delete