Saturday, June 13, 2015

Fun with Munchkin: Index Card a Day Art Challenge

I have decided to add a new post to my list of things that could happen on the weekends.  As part of my resolutions for 2015, I wanted to do more fun things with Munchkin and as a family.  I will be posting sporadically about some of the fun adventures we are having together.
 
 
I have recently been spending more time working on my art and have accumulated a lot of new supplies I need to play with. While browsing some art blogs I came across this challenge called Index Card a Day, hosted by Daisy Yellow. The idea is to create something on an index card each day through June and July, and guess what they have a children's challenge too! Munchkin has been wanting to get in on my art projects, he stands with his little step stool at my elbow watching me and asking questions. So I thought why not, its not like you have to make anything spectacular and index cards are inexpensive. Munchkin can make one while dinner is cooking each night and I can make one too.
 
So far we are only 2 weeks in and Munchkin has missed a couple of days due to a nasty cold but we have still been having a lot of fun with these. Munchkin talks about his projects all the time and will even give them away (one was for Daddy, one was for Grandpa and one was for a friend who came to help with some work on the house). They offer prompts on the website and occasionally I use them but we have just been playing with a different medium each day. So far we have used stamps, water colors paints, washi tape and Munchkin has used tissue paper and foam stickers too.
 
Here are a few of the favorites so far:
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
Munchkin seems to like creating things 3-D and building "towers".
 

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Munchkin had a real artistic flare. I received the package of letter writing things. I didn't even know I won! Very fun! I love it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really does enjoy making art and gets super excited every day when I ask him if he wants to work on a project. Then when he is done he is always so proud and wants to show everyone what he made. Hahaha funny thing that package, I had a nice little letter to go with it and I found it on my table 3 days after I sent the package LOL!

      Delete