Thursday, June 18, 2015

After Dark Review of Beast Behaving Badly by Shelly Laurenston

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read for: Mount TBR & Series Challenge (Book 5 in series)
 
Synopsis: "Ten years after Blayne Thorpe first encountered Bo Novikov, she still can't get the smooth-talking shifter out of her head. Now he's shadowing her in New York-all seven-plus feet of him-determined to protect her from stalkers who want to use her in shifter dogfights. Even if he has to drag her off to an isolated Maine town where the only neighbors are other bears almost as crazy as he is...

Let sleeping dogs lie. Bo knows it's good advice, but he can't leave Blayne be. Blame it on her sweet sexiness -- or his hunch that there's more to this little wolfdog than meets the eye. Blayne has depths he hasn't yet begun to fathom -- much as he'd like to. She may insist Bo's nothing but a pain in her delectable behind, but polar bears have patience in spades. Soon she'll realize how good they can be together. And when she does, animal instinct tells him it'll be worth the wait..."


My Review: I really enjoyed the dynamics between Blayne and Bo. While it did take a bit to learn the characters, while Blayne played a part in earlier books in the series, I don't believe Bo was even mentioned (if he was it was simply in passing). I did really love Bo's personality, his schedule and lists sound so much like me that I was definitely able to understand his frustration with Blayne's complete lack of organization at all. I also really enjoyed the community in Maine, the characters there were unique and interesting in their own ways. The underlying storyline for the past several books about the pits made some big progress but didn't provide the tension that it should have, it was just background for me.
 
My Rating: It feels like Laurenston is finally starting to develop a more intricate storyline as opposed to just crazy characters meeting, having a bunch of sex and that is it. It gives me hope for the future books in this series.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment