Friday, June 19, 2015

Beginning Reader Review of Just Helping My Dad by Mercer Mayer

 
Synopsis: "Little Critter loves to help!

Little Critter(R) can't wait to spend the whole day with his dad--working around the house, going to the store, and being the world's best helper. Things might not always go as planned, but that doesn't stop Little Critter from trying his hardest! Just Helping My Dad is the perfect story for every critter who knows that helping out others isn't always as easy as it looks!"


My Review: I adore this book and it is perfect for the upcoming father's day. Little boys always want to help and be like daddy and Little Critter is no different. Sometimes helping isn't as productive as we would like but the time spent together is what counts. This is a great book for beginning readers, it has very short sentences with familiar characters and actions depicted in the illustrations.
 
My Rating: This keeps up with the standards set by previous Little Critter books. Little fans will be able to relate to this book as they read it. I give it a rating of Four Paws.
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Father's Day on Sunday to all the Dads out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment