Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Review of Dakota Born by Debbie Macomber

 
Synopsis: "Returning to the struggling town of Buffalo Valley, North Dakota, Lindsay Snyder seeks to discover family secrets while reevaluating her life, an effort that offers unexpected hope to the town of her childhood vacations."

My Review: Hmmm not really sure if I liked this book, it was a lot of back and forth between characters, which does happen in relationships but some of it seemed kind of high schoolish. I definitely did not like Lindsay, she was rather immature in my opinion (heck maybe I am too much of a small town westerner too and judge outsiders). That was something else I wasn't really fond of, how judgmental the residents were, granted it can be tough to impress a farmer/rancher who has to work so hard to survive but generally most small town people are much more friendly than city folks (at least in my experience of moving from a tiny town in WY to cities on the east coast). I did however enjoy several of the sub-characters and hope they get featured a little more in the rest of the books in the series.
 
My Rating: I am a little surprised I didn't like this book because I normally love her writing. Hopefully the rest of the series picks up for me. I give it a rating of Two Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment