Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday Reading List




Its Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Share what books you have finished in the last week, are currently reading and what might be coming up next!




Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

Not Until Tonight by Jessica Sankiewicz
Dependent by Brenda Corey Dunne
Edge of the Enforcer by Cherise Sinclair (After Dark)
The Shape of Me and Other Stuff by Dr. Seuss (Bedtime Story)
 

Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

Bubble Bubble
Frog and Toad are Friends
Zoe's First Book of Seasons

 
Currently Reading:

Mozart Season by Virginia Euwer Wolff - PB - on page 35 of 272
Lest the Dew Rust Them by Michael Drakich - Kindle - 2%



 Books to be Read Soon:
 
Dakota Home by Debbie Macomber
Dakota Always by Debbie Macomber
Buffalo Valley by Debbie Macomber
Vanish by Sophie Jordan
Hidden by Sophie Jordan
Breathless by Sophie Jordan
Dark Chatter by Andrew Branch (Requested Review)


Fun Bookish Things to Share:

I came across this fun article and video to share with all of you -
47 Charming Facts about Children's Books

I also found this article I really enjoyed (it was from back in February)
28 Books You Should Read if You Want To
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Goodness, where on earth did the week go?! I got so far behind on chores over the long weekend last week, I spent a good part of this last week catching up on them, because it is spring/summer and our weekends are quickly filling up. I definitely didn't get much reading done.



I haven't been posting pictures of my nails lately because I have been too busy to really get creative and was just using old colors for a quick polish. Last week though I tried out a couple of new techniques and I got a bunch of new polishes.

Lacey lilac with pink shimmery striping tape I guess you would call it.  I saw this done on a couple blogs and it definitely isn't as easy as the make it look! The tape didn't stay put either, within a couple of hours it was already lifting on the edges even with 2 coats of top coat.
 
I also saw a technique on pinterest about making your own decals using a plastic bag and a crafting punch.  I liked the idea of a spring color like Breezy Blue with little dragon flies and butterflies. I learned a few lessons but it seems like a fun way to get simple art add-ons for your nails.
 
 

 


 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I have tried that tape on my nails too and it does come off super super quick. The only thing it might do is help keep a line in between colors when you paint them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some beautiful art using them, but maybe there are different qualities, either way I guess I will just be using them for guides from now on.

      Delete