Monday, April 14, 2014

What's for Dinner This Week? (2)

What's for Dinner This Week is a little insight into my life for you every Monday night. I carefully plan out meals for the week ahead of time and do my shopping over the weekend.  So I wanted to start sharing with you one of the recipes or dinners I am most looking forward to each week.
 
 
So a couple of weeks ago when Munchkin was so sick, I had the TV on the Cooking Channel or FoodNetwork all week while rocking the little man. I caught an episode of Pioneer Woman and saw this weeks dinner and wanted it immediately, of course that couldn't happen, there was no way I could cook anything let alone go shopping with a sick child.  So now that I am home from vacation and have a healthy boy, I am eating this!!
 
 
First is this fantastic spinach salad with caramelized onions, mushrooms, bacon and hard boiled eggs.  I might pass on the dressing (I haven't had dressing since I cut it out of my diet way back before my wedding) but the fact that it is made with bacon grease is rather tempting.
Image from Pioneer Woman
 
 
And this was the real kicker for me, Olive Cheese Bread, I think I died and went to food heaven!
Image from the Pioneer Woman
 
 
It all sounds so delicious and I can't wait to enjoy this with a nice glass of white wine. Lets just hope the weather cooperates and gives me a beautiful spring day so I can open the windows while enjoying this dinner.
 
Now doesn't that sound delicious? And perfect for my spring mood. So what are you having for dinner this week?
 


2 comments:

  1. Pioneer Woman always has such fantastic recipes. I love how her website also has pictures of every step. That salad looks really good too. My dad doesn't eat dressing either ... it is very fattening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have some great recipes, though a lot of them don't fit with my husband's tastes or aren't very healthy (we try to only eat red meat once every two weeks). Salad dressing is so fattening, especially those creamy ones!

      Delete