Sunday, April 6, 2014

Crafty Times (1)

Crafty Times is a new thing I am trying on the blog where I can share some of the art and crafts I have created (you can too of course). I really dabble in a wide variety of crafts and hope you can find something that sparks your interest or inspires you!
 
 
This being my first Crafty Times post I figured I would just introduce you to some of the things I dabble in, even though some of you may have spotted some posts throughout the years. I haven't had a lot of time since Munchkin became a part of our lives to get much time for my art and crafts, but am making it a point to fit it into my life and schedule since I enjoy it so much.
 
 
A few years ago I went through a phase where I was really into making wine charms.  I could sit down at my craft desk and make 30 - 40 charms a night. Of course now I have a box full of charms that I need to list for sale but no time to do it, but I still get that itch every once in a while to make more.
 
 
I made this set during a Nanowrimo break one year and call them Revise and Edit, it includes a feather pen & inkwell, typewriter, notebook paper, laptop computer, pen and a book.
 
This set is called Night Sky, I had a variety of silver stars and decided they needed a background of black beads.
 
I made a few of these sets of charms and donated them for auction for Distinguished Doberman Rescue, the rescue we adopted Niko from and volunteer for, they were a big hit and I need to track down more Doberman charms to make more sets!
 
 
 
A craft I grew up making and have rediscovered now that I am an adult is Scherenschnitte.  It is a form of paper cutting, I used to use tiny scissors to cut everything out but haven't been able to find a pair as good as the ones my mom has, so I have resorted to using an exacto knife.
 
Here are a set of Panda Bear Cards
 
I also trade Scherenschnitte with a friend of mine in Germany, she loves tigers so I made this one for her.
 
 
I also make a series of Christmas Cards each year (in limited amounts). My favorites were the Winter Birds. I have actually gone so far as to decide that is my Christmas decorating theme.
 
 
 
 
I have also dabbled a little in drawing and painting with various mediums.
 
I loved this bookmark I made as a Christmas gift exchange of the My Little Pony Glory looking at the Christmas Star.
 
I seem to prefer My Little Ponies as we have Zecora and Zig Zag bumping noses
 
At one point I got fairly good at pencil sketches of horses
 
 
At one point I decided to give oil pastels a try



With the art, came the new wonderful world of ATCs. I can't wait to get back into making these little tiny gems of creativity.
 
 
 
By far my most product art and craft was the Custom My Little Pony. I made so many of these it is hard to decide which ones to share with all of you.  Sadly since Munchkin has joined the family haven't had the time to even attempt to start a pony. Hopefully someday when he is able to entertain himself a little or even craft along side me I can get back into the world of ponies!
 
The last custom I created was back in December 2012, her name is Tanny.
 
The previous Christmas I made this lovely pair, Night Fall and Morning Light. Morning Light is quite possibly my favorite that I have ever made.
 
 
The little Toy Story Alien I made in 2010 might be one of the more unique ponies I have made.
 
I even made a couple of book themed ponies, Thursday Next was a big one (yes I even made the book she is coming out off and she attaches to that spot with a magnet).
 
 


 
 
 
When we found out that Little Munchkin was coming along my art forms altered a little.  I did a few paintings for his room (of course it had to be Dr. Seuss themed).
 
 
 
And then I had to make a set for my Niece's room who's theme was Precious Moments Noah's Ark
 
 
 
 
So there you have it, a little glimpse at the arts and crafts from the past (believe me there is a lot more but don't want to overwhelm you). Now you can follow how my art develops and changes moving forward.  I hope some of this has inspired you because looking back at my pictures has really inspired me to get back to it.
 


8 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff! I used to quilt a bit but it died when I started blogging. I have the urge to get going on it again all the time, but it's something that I can't seem to fit in anymore. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem that any more than one really steady hobby, like blogging, is really hard to squeeze in, but I figure I can spare one night a week from reading to work on a craft. My mom is really getting into quilting, so much so that she is going to start a business now that she is retired.

      Delete
  2. I love love love all your crafty creations. <3 Seeing the Toy Story alien reminds me that I need to look for the trilogy for my DVD collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I just recently got the first Toy Story to add to my collection, figure Munchkin would really enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. You are soooo crafty! I am also on Pinterest looking around for ideas. I have really only done a few things that I have pinned. I wish I had someone to do crafts with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie! Pinterest is such a dangerous thing for me, I can get lost for hours and then go to the craft store and spend too much money but never manage to find the time to make the things I find. Crafting partners would be super fun, I have a few friends that like to craft but we all have kids who run our lives and we can't ever seem to get together without the little ones.

      Delete