Thursday, April 10, 2014

After Dark Review of Hot as Hades by Alisha Rai

 have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
 
Synopsis: "Ensnaring the ultimate bad boy has its risks…and its rewards.


It’s not easy being Hades. Constantly guarding his world against other meddling and ambitious deities is stressful work. So when a naked goddess falls directly into his lap, along with the news that he has to shelter her for the indefinite future, he is less than thrilled. Particularly since he can’t help but lust after the beautiful female.

The Underworld isn’t the first place Persephone would pick for a vacation—who in their right mind would choose a dark palace over sunshine and flowers? Yet from Hades’s first touch, the dark, sexy ruler fascinates her and has her thinking a fling might be just the thing to while away her confinement.

But trust each other? Not a chance. Until the day comes that Persephone must leave…and they realize that trusting each other is the only way they’ll ever meet again.


Warning: Contains an arrogant god, a stubborn goddess, horny deity nookie and enough supernatural friction to set the Underworld on fire."


My Review: I have a love for retellings of the myth of Hades and Persephone! This one started out very abruptly, I kept turning back to the cover page in case my kindle had skipped a page, or looking for a list of previous books in a series. Once I got over that and just pushed ahead in the story I rather enjoyed it. I loved reading Hades' inner turmoil and thoughts, he cracked me up! The intimate scenes were definitely steamy and hot and did seem to take over the story a little but that seems to be the author's style. I still really enjoyed this one, and it was a short enough read to get through in a night.
 
My Rating: I really enjoyed this new (and more explicit) version of Hades and Persephone.  I give this one a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag (probably would have been Four paws if it hadn't been for the beginning).

No comments:

Post a Comment