Friday, April 11, 2014

Bedtime Story: Thank You for Your Service by Linda Rosenberry

 
Synopsis: "Thank You For Your Service teaches children the importance of a simple thank you. It is our goal for children to learn to honor and respect members of the Armed Forces. This book will show them ways to express their thankfulness for the service and sacrifices these men, women and their families make everyday."

My Review: I purchased this book for Munchkin to prepare for a trip to see several family members who are in various branches of the military. I thought it was a fun book and I liked how a lot of the military members were pictured in every day situations. There was also a fun activity in the back of the book and a link for an audio of the book. I however find the little girl who was narrating the story a little odd, she had a hat on the whole time that reminded me of something that would be worn in France instead of the US, I would have liked to see her pictured a little more as what you would expect of a typical American girl (if that makes sense). Munchkin was a little young for the book but he seemed to really enjoy it (he had been throwing a temper tantrum when I started and calmed right down by the third page).
 
My Rating: It is a great introduction to branches of the military and being respectful but the illustrations threw me off a bit.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment