Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Challenge Update - Time is Running Out!

Yup, you heard right! We are already 3/4s of the way through the year and time is running out to finish those challenges! So I thought I would post an update on mine to give myself the boost I need to finish them.
 
 
Series Challenge: I completed this challenge by reading 3 full series but decided to up it again, so I have one more series to finish.  Thankfully I am only one or two books away from finishing several series.
 
Series 1: Shadowlands by Cherise Sinclair
Series 2:  Study Series by Maria V. Snyder
Series 3: Lone Star Sisters Series by Susan Mallery
Series 4:
 
 
Mental Illness Advocacy Challenge: I have been a little slower on this challenge for some reason. I am half way done with it but still have to read two more books. I have started the first and will make a push to finish it this week. I have picked out the final book as well.
 
1. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
2.  Soft Spots by Clint Van Winkle
3.
4.
 
Audio Book Challenge: This one has been going much better than expected.  I have made it a point to listen to a book nearly every Friday night after Munchkin goes to bed while I paint my nails or work on crafts.  I only have one more book to go and am not sure which one it will be but I guess I will have make that decision in the next couple of days!
 
1. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
2. Stork by Wendy Delsol
3. The Bride's Farewell by Meg Rosoff
4. Wyoming Fierce by Diana Palmer
5.
 
Bedtime Stories: I may not have always gotten the review posted on Friday night but I have managed to have a bedtime story for each week! I think I have almost enough new children's books to finish out the year too.
 
Graphic Novel Challenge: Again I may not have always posted a graphic novel review on the second Saturday of each month but I have read one and posted a review for each month so far! I just picked up a bunch more that I am very excited for as well.
 
Goodreads Challenge: So I started out the year with a goal of 52 books and blew through that goal within the first couple of months so have been raising my goal again and again whenever I come near the total.  My challenge goal has now been raised to 156 books for this year and I have read a total of 140 so far! I think I should surpass that goal by far if I can pull of my Advent event but I don't want to jinx myself so will be leaving the challenge at that number.
 
 
 
So how are your challenges going? Have you finished some? Fallen behind on some? Have you already started planning for next year?!
 
 
I have definitely already started planning for next year. I really want to continue with the bedtime story and graphic novel challenges.  I will also be joining a Mount TBR challenge to get some of my shelves cleared off.  I am also going to set a personal goal to read at least 30 books featuring some kind of equine (horses must play some sort of role in the book ie. setting on a horse ranch/farm, character is part equine, character has a horse and it plays a large role, storyline takes place alongside an equine event, etc.) I already have a good stack of books to fill a lot of this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You're doing AMAZING.

    I'm still behind on my Goodreads challenge, and haven't gotten to much on my personal challenges. I did read my one classic book for the year, so that's good. :) I'm probably going to set a lower goal next year since I'm planning on writing a couple books but I'm sure I'll break that goal. Lol. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I am pretty happy with how I am doing, especially considering I didn't complete my challenges for the last two years! Writing a couple of books?! That is awesome! Writing definitely takes more time than reading so go you!

      Delete