Saturday, July 2, 2011

Shelving Saturday - #10

Welcome to Shelving Saturday


Shelving Saturday is a weekly blog event I have started here at Eastern Sunset Reads.   Each week I will post a shelving dilemma or question and you can join me in the response.
 
Please feel free to post on your blog and link back here, please be sure to post the link to your response in the comments so I can come and check your Shelving day out!
 
So this last week we started re-organizing our shelves. Did you all figure out how you are going to organize them? Lets see your progress.
 
I decided to organize by genre and then alphabetize.  I got my little bookshelf done.  After some considering I decided to move the photoalbums to an air tight box to protect the pictures. So that opened up an extra shelf.  I decided to move some of my middle reader horse series over to that shelf as well.
 
So this is what I started with



After some serious dusting, a few trips down memory lane and a couple paper cuts  . . .
 

I choose not to alphabetize the children's books because the book sizes were so off that it looked like a mess




The next shelf is double deep to fit the entire Saddle Club series on one shelf.
 
Then I had space for a tiny shelf and put the Unicorns of Balinore series and the Secret of the Unicorn Series on the shelf, along with my Marguerite Henry Books. Also on the shelf is my book marks and some small note pads with notes on books and wishlists.


So lets see your shelves! Any issues that I should help you address in the coming weeks?
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so impressed! It looks great! I haven't even started yet. :( I'm still trying to decide HOW to organize them so for my Shelving Saturday...Well, you'll see. ;)
    http://alternatereadality.blogspot.com/2011/07/shelving-saturday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny, I will stop by and see if I can help!

    ReplyDelete