Thursday, October 10, 2019

(Almost) End of the Year Book Tag

I did this tag back in 2017 and thought it would be fun to do again. Time to start gearing up for the end of 2019! Have you started thinking ahead to 2020 books yet? The original tag was from Ariel Brissett.  So this tag is all about crunch time, which it definitely is around here!


Questions:


Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?
I really want to finish the Faithful and the Fallen series by John Gwynne, but with 3 chunky books and only 2 1/2 months left, I don't know if I will make it!
  



Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?
I don't really have a specific book in mind but I am thinking the Harper Sister series will be a nice way to transition from the spookier, thriller books I am reading this month to the more Christmas books for the coming months. The first two books are Romantic Suspense I believe and then there is a holiday novella coming out in the next couple of weeks.
  



Is there a new release you're still waiting for?
I am dying for Kiersten White's The Guinevere Deception! 


What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
Besides the Faithful and the Fallen books and Guinevere Deception (and of course all my Advent Reads books) I want to get to these three before the end of the year.
  


Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favourite book of the year?
There are so many opportunities for a book to jump to the top of my list but I think the ones I have yet to read that have the best chance are . . .
  



Have you already started making reading plans for 2020?
I have started thinking about it a bit.  I have started putting together a list of some anticipated releases.  I also think I really want to focus on reading the books I own and using the library more.  I also want to control my book buying a little bit more. I don't think I am going to give myself specific challenges next year, it has been years since I just let myself pick up books as I want without any goal in mind and I kind of want to see what would happen if I go back to that way of reading.




So what are you reading as the year comes to an end?

No comments:

Post a Comment