Sunday, March 3, 2019

Booktube SFF Awards Readalong

So last year I discovered several Booktube channels that vote on the Booktube SFF Awards and through them and the series of videos and the Live Award Stream I discovered some new to me books and genres that I really enjoy.  Now this year I am actually on top of the ball and have paid attention to timelines and am going to read along as much as I can. 

You can find all the details about the Booktube SFF Awards on their Website and Goodreads Group or check out the list of Hosts/Judges on Youtube (Personally I follow Elena, Sam, Connor & Cass):


Now on to the fun stuff . . .  the short list books to read! Now I obviously won't be able to read all of these books, but I will link to the reviews of the ones I have already read and note which ones I plan to read.

 Best Fantasy Category:
Foundryside by Robert Jackson Bennett - (I need to see if the library has this one)

Best Science Fiction Category:
I don't plan on reading this category but if I have time I might read on or two
Record of a Space Born Few by Becky Chambers
The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
Vengeful by V.E. Schwab

Best Young Adult Category:
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black (review coming)
Skyward by Brandon Sanderson (maybe if I have time)
Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor (I still have to read Strange the Dreamer so doubtful)

Best Middle Grade Category:
Aru Sha and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi (on its way)
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend (book 1 & 2 on hold at the library)

Best Debut Category:
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
Trail of Lightening by Rebecca Roanhorse (this one just arrived)

Best Graphic Work Category:
The Adventure Zone: Here There be Gerblins by Clint McElroy, et al (I need to see if the library has a copy because it is a little pricey)
Aquicorn Cove by Katie O'Neill (review coming)

Best Short Work Category:
Binti: The Night Masquerade by Nnedi Okafora (I need to read book 2 first but I have it and this one)
Artificial Condition by Martha Wells (on my TBR for this month)



So there are all the short list books, I have read a decent amount of them and already own several more so I am pretty excited that I will be able to actively follow along! We have from now until May 31st to read the short list books before voting opens on June 1st, so I better get reading! Luckily, I have already read 7 of the 21 books, already a third of the way there


Are you reading any of the short list books? Do you follow along with the Booktube SFF Awards?

No comments:

Post a Comment