Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite Sci-fi and Fantasy Creatures

Top 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes on Youtube.

This week's topic is all about our favorite creatures in Science Fiction and Fantasy, it is also a Booktube SFF Babble topic and of course one that I couldn't resist joining in on.  I took this to be a rather generalized topic because I couldn't narrow it down to individual characters!



So of course we have Dragons! That is pretty much a given
 
 

 I prefer dragons that are ridden to battle or human/dragon shifters.  And if the dragon can communicate, it better be sarcastic and/or snooty, and have a temper and be a bit lazy. 



If you have been around here at all you know Pegasus, Winged Horses, Winged Unicorns, and any such version had to be on this list.
 
 
I used to day dream endlessly about having my own flying horse, and honestly I never out grew that one. 


Talking Cats is something that should be real!
 
 
Talking cats should always be protective of their chosen person, but yet be possibly plotting that person's death, you should always question.  They should also be sarcastic and act like everyone around them are idiots. 



I couldn't leave Ewoks off this list (a close Star Wars second is the Jawa)
Yes we have them in the movie, and the did get their own couple of movies and even a cartoon and a couple of books but let's be honest, the world needs more of these savage little teddy bears!



Finally, a new interest, Robots & AI
 
This is an new interest and I find myself enjoying the few books I have picked up so far that revolve around some robots. Especially ones who have bucked the system and are thinking for themselves.





So what are some of your favorites? Do you have a favorite type of creature or specific character?




4 comments:

  1. Oh I totally forgot about pegasus! My mum had an enormous hand-painted pegasus on her bedroom wall during my childhood so they always hold a special nostalgic place in my heart! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I would have loved to have a giant pegasus on my wall, sadly I don't think hubby would go for it now LOL!

      Delete
  2. I love your picks! I really like griffins, but I can't think of a book that they appear in. I need to read one of those pegasus books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I know I have seen a couple of griffins, though I can't remember which books and they were kind of minor too. I highly recommend Rhiannon's Ride trilogy by Kate Forsyth!

      Delete