Saturday, January 19, 2019

Graphic Novel Review of Birthright Vol. 1: Homecoming by Joshua Williamson

Read for: Graphic Novel Challenge

Synopsis: "For the Rhodes family, losing their son was the most devastating thing that could have occurred...but it couldn't prepare them for what happened when he returned. Skybound's newest hit turns fantasy into reality in this all-new series from the creator of Nailbiter and Ghosted. Pick up this introductory-priced collection and see what everyone's talking about!"

My Review: This was not at all what I expected, not a bad thing, just not what I was expecting. I was thinking it would be a bit like a Kid in King Arthur's Court. We only get bits and pieces of what happened in the other realm once the son disappears. We see more of what happens to those left behind and the choices made when the son returns completely changed. There is a bit of a twist on who is good and who is evil and what is right or wrong.

My Rating: I was surprised with how different this was than I expected, maybe I would have enjoyed it more without those expectations, but for now this is a series that I may not continue with in the future.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment