Sunday, December 2, 2018

Advent Reads Day 2: A Cup of Christmas Tea by Tom Hegg

Read for: Mount TBR

Synopsis: "A new exquisite version of the beloved classic. The story of a young man's reluctant visit to an elderly aunt at Christmastime, and the unexpected joy it brings. A New York Times Bestseller, more than 1.5 million copies have sold. Delicate watercolor illustrations used throughout."

My Review: I wasn't really sure what to expect with this book, I picked it up on a whim just because of the words Christmas and Tea, it seemed like a perfect book. I really enjoyed this one, it is a prefect book for the holiday season, something to sit down with next to the tree, with of course a warm cup of tea. It captures the meaning of Christmas and being with those we love, even though it might be hard at times, in a short lyrical story. I definitely look forward to revisiting this book year after year during the Christmas season.

My Rating: I really loved this one, it was definitely something to think about but at the same time gives you the warm fuzzies. I give this one a rating of Four Paws!



Is there someone that you have been meaning to call or visit? Why not take some time this evening to pour a cup of tea and give them a call.  I will be calling my grandparents.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds cute! I want to get more Christmas-y posts up, but I'm SO far behind on my reviews. UGH! I'm thinking of just bombarding the blog with reviews for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, bombard away, I feel like that is all I ever do since I never seem to catch up on review posts!

      Delete