Monday, May 8, 2017

Bout of Books #19 - Sign Up & Updates

I pretty much missed out on Dewey's Readathon so am glad that this Bout of Books came this week.  My main goal is to finish some of my current reads and I am determined to finally finish the Harry Potter series this month. With Hubby's new schedule, this will be a week of growing pains but with him having to go to bed at the same time as Munchkin, I should still get plenty of reading time in the evenings.
 
Here is the information you need in case you want to sign up too!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 8th and runs through Sunday, May 14th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 19 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

  

So this post is going to be my base for the week, I will continue to come back and update it each day with my progress (as I already have a lot of posts planned for this week and don't want things too jumbled up).  I will also be updating via twitter at @EasternSunset9 or maybe on Instagram @EasternSunset9

 


Time Devoted to Reading

I would like to read between 2-3 hours each day and read about 200 pages each day.
Averaging about 1.5 hours and work and another 1.5-2 at home after Munchkin goes to bed.
  

My Goals

Read a total of 1,000 pages
Read at least 2 hours each day
Read 4 books
 Read about 100 pages of Harry Potter each day
 

Books to Read

The Reader - (already started) final 200 pages
Fan the Flames - (already started) final 400 pages
Gone too Deep - 428
Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince - (already started) final 460 pages
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 784 pages
 
 
 

Updates:


Monday
Number of Pages I've read today: 300 pages
Total Number of Pages:  300
Time spent reading today: 4 hours
Total number of books I've read: Currently Reading HP & Half Blood Prince & Fan the Flames
Books completed: none
Thoughts: I am off to a pretty good start, I read 100 pages in Half Blood Prince even though I thought about putting it down after 20 pages to read something else.  I also managed to get quite a bit more read in Fan the Flames.  I picked some pretty big books to read this week so I don't feel like I am accomplishing as much even though I am reading as much as I normally do during Bout of Books. 


Tuesday

Number of Pages I've read today: 293
Total Number of Pages:  593
Time spent reading today: 2:45
Total number of books I've read: 1 finished (Currently Reading Half Blood Prince & The Reader)
Books completed: Fan the Flames
Thoughts:  I had another really good day of reading, though I didn't get as much read in Harry Potter. I finished the last 200 pages of Fan the Flames, read 70 pages in the Reader and then just a few in Harry Potter.  I know so many people love the HP books but I am really struggling through them, I keep hoping that by reading them with a Readathon will push me to finishing them but I always find a reason to put them down and pick a different book up.

 

   Wednesday
Number of Pages I've read today: 210 pages
Total Number of Pages: 803  
Time spent reading today: 2:30
Total number of books I've read: 1 finished (Currently Reading Gone Too Deep & The Reader)
Books completed: Fan the Flames
Thoughts: I am totally ignoring the HP book, I just can't drag myself to pick it up.  I read a bunch of Gone Too Deep yesterday and am loving it. I am also nearly done with The Reader, it is the only audio book I have going and I had to get some house work done last night. I guess probably by tomorrow I will have no choice but to read HP. I need to finish at least Half Blood Prince this week!
 
 
Thursday
Number of Pages I've read today: 350
Total Number of Pages: 1,153
Time spent reading today:  4:30
Total number of books I've read: 3 finished (Currently Reading Half Blood Prince & In Safe Hands)
Books completed:  Fan the Flames, Gone Too Deep, The Reader
Thoughts: So I am still putting HP off, but for good reason, Gone Too Deep was soo good! And I was so close to finishing The Reader I said why not just finish it up.  It was really a great reading day, it was quite in the office for a couple hours and then everyone in my house was asleep by 6:30 last night leaving me some quiet reading time.
 
 
Friday
Number of Pages I've read today: 14
Total Number of Pages:  1,167
Time spent reading today: 10 minutes
Total number of books I've read:  3 Finished (Currently Reading In Safe Hands)
Books completed:  Fan the Flames, Gone Too Deep, The Reader
Thoughts: It was a little busier Friday than I expected so I didn't get any reading done to speak of but that is ok, I think I pretty much met my goals for the week other than reading HP, but honestly I am to the point of not caring about that at all.
 
Saturday & Sunday
Number of Pages I've read today: 65
Total Number of Pages: 1,232
Time spent reading today: 1 Hour
Total number of books I've read: 3 Finished (Currently Reading Half Blood Prince)
Books completed: Fan the Flames, Gone Too Deep, The Reader
Thoughts: Another busy weekend filled with Tball and cleaning and then Mother's Day. I probably could have read more on Sunday due to having the day off but I didn't get around to it until the end of the day. I did almost read 100 pages of HP for one day at least.  I only managed to reach my goal of page count for this Bout of Books but that is okay, like I said I am about ready to give up on HP, if I don't finish Half Blood Prince this next week I think I am going to call it quits.
 
 
 



 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenges:


I don't normally participate in challenges in the Bout of Books because I like to focus my time on getting as much reading in as I can but if I do participate you will see my answers and or photos or whatever the challenge requires posted here with a link to the challenge.

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Have fun! One of these days I'll do a bout of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the Bout of Books because you can really work around your schedule and just try to squeeze a few more minutes or hours of reading into each day.

      Delete