Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Advent Reads Day 13: A Christmas to Love You by Megan Smith

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!

Read for: Audio Challenge

Synopsis: "How can they still be in love after all these years?

Andrew and Elle Cahill have been married for twenty-six years. They have a strong and healthy relationship along with a beautiful family. Join them and the rest of the Cahill’s this Christmas to hear about their epic love story and catch up with the rest of the crew."


My Review: I downloaded this on a whim using Audible's new Romance package. I didn't realize that it was part of the series until I started listening. It was a quick glance into the relationships, that have been building throughout the series, over the holiday season. Even though I didn't really get a chance to get to know each of the characters and all their backstories, it didn't really take away from the enjoyment of the book. I definitely found some connection with each of the couples as they were dealing with jobs, family and the stress of the holidays. I am interested enough to go back and start at the beginning of the series.

My Rating: I was really pleasantly surprised with this one, normally I hate coming into a series in the middle but this book did a great job of conveying the characters and the story in a way that you could still build a connection.  I will say though that this is definitely an adult romance as there are some open doors bedroom scenes.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment