Saturday, December 3, 2016

Advent Reads Day 3: Graphic Novel of Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas by David Gerstein

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!
 
 
 
Synopsis: "An adaptation of the Disney direct-to-DVD movie of the same name. This is the first all-Disney produced CGI animated feature and stars Mickey, Minnie, Donald Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Scrooge, and the nephews."

My Review: We love the Mickey Christmas movies and this is a fun way to encourage a little more reading during the holidays as opposed to watching TV. It follows the movie pretty much exactly with the same art, narration and short stories. It is great for young kids or old and has wonderful stories and lessons about friendship and family during the holidays.
 
My Rating: I enjoyed having this movie to graphic novel adaptation, it reminded me of the old Disney comic books I used to read as a kid.  This is great for kids young and old alike. I give it a rating of Four Paws!

2 comments:

  1. We love the Mickey Christmas movies too!! I'm going to have to find this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun to look at this one, and it really brought back the memories of the old comics I used to get of Scrooge McDuck and the other Disney ones I had as a kid. Munchkin has enjoyed looking at it with me too.

      Delete