Friday, December 2, 2016

Advent Reads Day 2: Bedtime Story: The Jolly Christmas Postman by Janet & Allan Ahlberg

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!
 
 
Synopsis: "The Jolly Postman brings a batch of wonderful letters for Christmas, including notes from the Big Bad Wolf and all the King's men."

My Review: Munchkin loves mail and the mailman, and we have loved Jolly Postman books in the past so this was a perfect book for the holiday season. The story follows the Jolly Postman as he delivers everyone's Christmas mail, it has a nice little rhyme and rhythm to keep the story moving along. The really magic part of this book is that you get to actually read the mail each storybook character receives, it includes cards, posters, little book and puzzle gifts and a last piece of mail is really special. Munchkin loves this book and enjoys looking at it on his own too.
 
My Rating: Munchkin loves this book and keeps pulling it down off the shelf to read it. He loves seeing the different types of mail that go to each of the characters.  It is such a fun and interactive book for young readers (but not too young or pages will get ripped and mail will get lost). We give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment