Monday, June 13, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 19 - Tigers at Twilight

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
In Book 19 Jack and Annie travel to the jungles of India and encounter many new animals, including the endangered tiger. They must face many dangers and fears to do the right thing and be given the third gift to save the dog who has been put under a spell.
 
 
 
My Review Another exciting adventure in the series. I am finding that Jack and Annie are spending longer and longer on their adventures. This one definitely gets the heart pounding but hopefully won't trigger any nightmares for the young fans. It was also a great way to bring awareness to threatened and endangered animals.
 
My Rating: It didn't seem like they referred to their research book as much in this one but the information was a lot better.  I think the books are advancing at a nice subtle pace, challenging young readers as they continue the series.  I give it a rating of Four Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment