Thursday, June 16, 2016

After Dark Review of Playing for Keeps by R.L. Matthewson

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
Read for: Mount TBR Digital
 
Synopsis: "Done with being the world's biggest pushover, Haley decides that things are going to change starting with the aggravating neighbor who has too much charm and not enough restraint. What she didn't expect was to sucked into his world, but Haley has a game plan and she won't let herself forget just what the bad boy next door is capable of.

The last thing Jason expected was for his little shy neighbor to go Rambo on him over some ruined flowers. After he decides to take her under his wing he can't help but that notice that she fits very nicely in his life. Now the only left is to convince her that this is anything but a game."


My Review: I have had this book sitting on my kindle for ages and finally got around to reading it. While I did enjoy it for the most part, I still had issues. For one I did love Haley as a character though I kept being told she was a doormat and let everyone walk all over her, but right from the get go she was vocal and outspoken. I did also enjoy Jason but found him to be immature most of the time, especially his interactions with is friends. With that said I did really love how the relationship developed and the back and forth between all the characters and sub-characters too. It was a light and entertaining book to read. I don't know if I would go on to read more in the series but it was a good break from more intense books.
 
My Rating: While this was an entertaining book to read I did find several issues with it, mostly immature characters and inconsistency in what was presented about the characters and how they actually acted.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.


No comments:

Post a Comment