Wednesday, April 20, 2016

RI Author Feature: Vorn the Onyx by Rich Feitelberg

 
Synopsis: "Evan Pierce, a demon hunter and priest of St. Michael, must match wits with the witch of Martingis when she abducts four orphan girls and attempts a fifth. The witch has been terrorizing the locals for months. Evan, who is on his way to Wrightwood, talks to the town manager about the situation and he charges Evan to rescue the orphans and break the witch’s hold on the town.

Events become bleak when an orphan boy is murdered and the fifth girl is finally taken. Can Evan and his companions find the missing girls and free the town from the clutches of the witch before she can complete her evil scheme?"


My Review: I originally read the first book (you can see the review HERE)in this series last year after meeting Rich Feitelberg at a Rhode Island Author event, and I thoroughly enjoy the book and was anxious to read this book. I have finally found some time to read it and was not disappointed at all! It is still a great fantasy with an interesting cast of characters and the classic quest feel that I love. While the paperback version of this book is over 500 pages and quite intimidating on the shelf, it is an easy read that even younger teen readers can enjoy it (though it seems that the series is starting to mature, nothing extreme in this book but there are hints to romantic relationships for the future). I also found it great that some of the ideas I had created in my mind as to where the storyline was going after the first book were debunked in this one, it is always great when an author can guide you in one direction but then surprise you with a turn in another direction. I look forward to seeing where the characters take us in future books!
  
 
My Rating: This was another great book in the series, it held some surprises and developed the characters and storyline some more.  I give it a rating of Four Paws!
 
 
 I met Rich Feitelberg a couple of years ago at a Rhode Island Author Expo when I picked up his book Aure the Topaz (which I featured last year), I am now a big fan of his work and am happy to share not only this book with you this year but also a collection of short fantasy stories yesterday and don't forget to stop by tomorrow for an interview with Rich!  If you would like to find out more before then please visit his Goodreads Page or Website.
 
 
You can obtain your own copy of Vorn the Onyx in print or digital format on Amazon or Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment