Monday, April 18, 2016

Dewey's Spring 2016 Readathon - Sign Up

It's that time of year again! Time to sit down and read for an entire 24 hours with many other book lovers from around the world! Yup it is Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon again!
 
 
So this readathon is going to be an interesting one for me.  Hubby will be out of town, so it will just be me and Munchkin.  Obviously I will have to adjust my reading and schedules to accommodate him. While Munchkin loves books and reading with me, he also has an attention span of a bird. We have been talking about our special reading day and what kind of books we will read and snacks we will have and also ways to break up the day.  While I am looking forward to reading all day, I know with a 3 year old in the house, I will not be able to just sit and read in peace.

So I have adjusted my reading to include mostly children's books (which actually works out good as I have to get ready for Children's Book Week) and very short books that I can read quickly or put down and come back to with no problems. Here are a few of the books we plan on reading. . .
 
 
  
 
  
 
   
 
  
 
 Children's Books:
 
 
 
  
Beginning Readers
 
   
Graphic Novels
 
 
 
  
  
Some books for me after Munchkin goes to bed or Nap time
 
This is just a quick preliminary list. I am going to have to throw out my usually carefully scheduled plans and just go with the flow this time around.  I do have a couple of new surprises to give Munchkin to distract him a time or two throughout the day and also some new movies for him to enjoy while I read.  If the weather is nice I can take him in the backyard and let him play while I read too, but I know he won't let me sit for long.
 
 
A Couple Goals:
Like I said I am going to have to be flexible this year and am only setting some small goals.
 
1. Read/listen for 10+ hours
2. Read at least 650 pages
3. Update regularly on Twitter
4. Get Munchkin involved
5. Read and have fun, of course!
 
 
 
So are you going to read for the readathon? Any special books planned? What are your goals?
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun list. I love The Mouse and the Motetcycle books. Your numbers will be great. I signed up but I'm not sure how it'll go. I don't think I'll update on the blog if I manage to participate just Twitter and Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be fun as long as I can let go of my organized readathon planning. Munchkin is excited since I am letting him help pick the books and snacks throughout the day and the night before we are going to have a sleepover in his room.

      Delete