Thursday, December 10, 2015

Pen to Paper: Quotes on Letter Writing

 
 
So I know not all of you celebrate Christmas or maybe not any holiday at all this time of year, so I wanted to break away from the rush of holiday posts. Today I want to inspire you to add writing more letters to your resolutions or goals for the new year. I found some really great quotes that I wanted to share with all of you today for that little bit of inspiration.
 
 
"Or don't you like to write letters?  I do because it's such a swell way to keep from working and yet feel you've done something." - Ernest Hemingway. 
 
 
To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere without moving anything but your heart.  ~Phyllis Theroux

 

Letter writing is the only device for combining solitude with good company.  ~Lord Byron
This one really got me going, I am the first to admit I am an introvert but I still love connecting with people, just maybe not face to face.

 
What a wonderful thing is the mail, capable of conveying across continents a warm human hand-clasp.  ~Author Unknown
 
 
What a lot we lost when we stopped writing letters.  You can't reread a phone call.  ~Liz Carpenter
 
 
 
I hope one of these few quotes inspires you to take up written correspondence or revisit it a little more frequently.  Maybe pick one of those quotes and add it to some place you see often to remind you to sit down and connect with someone on paper.




No comments:

Post a Comment