Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Advent Reads Day 8: A Cup of Cozy by Various Authors

 
Synopsis: "Short Christmas mysteries and holiday recipes by the authors of Cozy Mystery Magazine blog."

My Review: This was an interesting set of short stories. I wouldn't so much call them mysteries though as there wasn't much mystery in them, more of simple questions that need to be answered. That said they were all fun, light reading for the holiday season. I am also a huge fan of when there are recipes included, and each story centered around a food or beverage item and then a recipe followed the story. That was a nice touch. Half of the book was one chapter features of books by the same and other authors, I have never been a fan of one chapter teasers like this unless it is at the end of a book in the series and giving a teaser of the next book, so I honestly didn't read those chapters. But if you read it just for the short stories, it is a light and entertaining read to get you in the mood for holiday baking.
 
My Rating: I am not much of a Mystery fan, but this book was very light on the mystery. I do love all the recipes! I give this one a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment