Saturday, December 12, 2015

Crafty Times: Christmas Cards

Crafty Times is a new thing I am trying on the blog where I can share some of the art and crafts I have created (you can too of course). I really dabble in a wide variety of crafts and hope you can find something that sparks your interest or inspires you!
 
 
So I have kind of started making Christmas cards, something I hope to improve on until I can offer them for sale.  To practice I made an advent card set for a good friend of mine. She loves Christmas more than just about anything but she has lost the magic over the past few years under the pressure of maintaining her household. So I made 25 cards, each unique, one to open each day in December until Christmas and each containing a quote about the magic of Christmas.  These were very tiny cards, only 2.5" x 3.5" (the same size as Artist Trading Cards).
 
Here are a few of my favorite ones:

 





 
 
 
I also took a stab at making a full size card a week later while teaching the same friend some paper crafting techniques. I was really happy with it but I feel like it needs something else.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I'd totally buy them. I don't have the talent or patience to make stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I do really like how they came out but some of the edges are not even and the stamping needs to be a little better. Practice, Practice, Practice. You have a talent for much bigger home improvement projects, so much more practical.

      Delete