It turned out to be a very good readathon this time around, even with Munchkin hanging around and Hubby part of the time too.
You can see my original signup post HERE
End of Event Meme
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I really struggled with the hours 15-16. I was exhausted from the night before (Munchkin was having awful nightmares) and so wanted to read more but had to throw the towel in.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I read a lot of short stories this year, I really enjoyed the short Christmas ones and it was fun to have the Children's Audio book too.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I didn't participate so much this year except in the reading so I don't have any suggestions
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Again I wasn't around much this year so I didn't see much.
- How many books did you read? 19
- What were the names of the books you read? Dec the Holls, Her Christmas Bonus, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, Otis and the Scarecrow, House at Pooh Corner (audio), Snowball Soup, Bunnicula, Rikki Tikki Tavi, Message in a Bauble, The Little Light, A Christmas Jar for Santa, In the Clear, Sixteen Runaway Pumkins, How to Read a Story, The Gingerbread Man, When Will it Snow, A Dog Named Christmas, and a little bit of The Help and Highlander's Destiny
- Which book did you enjoy most? I really enjoyed re-reading Bunnicula and Rikki Tikki Tavi, I also enjoyed A Dog Named Christmas, and the audio books were great.
- Which did you enjoy least? I struggled with In the Clear and wasn't a fan of When Will it Snow.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Absolutely, I am not sure if I will focus so much on the reading or try to be more social, I guess it will depend on the mood I am in and how my schedule works out.
So let's check on my goals:
1. Read/listen for 10+ hours - Check: I think all added up I read about 13 hours
2. Finish 13 books - Check: I ended up starting and finishing 17 books
3. Read at least 700 pages - Check: I ended up reading 998 pages plus 3:30 hours listening
4. Update regularly on Twitter - Eh, I did update but not as regularly as I would have liked.
5. Post updates here every 6-8 hours - Again eh, I managed one update and had another planned but felt myself fading so wanted to read as long as I could.
6. Read and have fun, of course! - Check: I did have a lot of fun with both the books and Munchkin getting involved. He woke in the morning saying "It's Momma's Reading Day." and then he asked "can it be my reading day too?" I think the obsession has begun!
All in all it was a wonderful readathon and I am so happy that Munchkin is getting into it too now. Though it still would be nice to get the day to myself. For everything that was going on, it was still a great day!