Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tasty Attempts: Little Caesar's Breadsticks

Last year I had started posting What's For Dinner. While I really enjoyed those posts, it was hard to keep up with a weekly post, especially since Munchkin is getting a little more picky about his diet and we are having a lot of repeat meals (sometimes the same thing several times a week). I still wanted to keep posting tasty recipes but include a little more variety (like the appetizers and desserts that I make for various parties). So I am now posting Tasty Attempts every other Tuesday. The posts will include a variety of recipes, maybe some of them turn out tasty, maybe others are failed attempts.
 
 
So I have had these 2 cans of Pillsbury pizza crust sitting in my fridge for a while, I had planned on making pizza at one time but have since used all the ingredients. I was browsing pinterest looking for a really quick way to use these crusts. I came across this recipe for Copy Cat Little Caesar's Breadsticks, I of course had to make them. 
 
A little backstory, there were no pizza places in my hometown when I was growing up but we have always been a pizza obsessed family. So every once in a while we would grab take home pizzas and breadsticks from Little Caesar's in the next town over. We were never allowed to eat in the vehicles so we would have to smell those delicious goodies the whole 50 mile ride home. Even though it was usually pretty cool by the time we got home it was still the best darn pizza and breadsticks ever!
 
 
So of course I had to make the bread sticks.  I was in a little bit of a rush so I didn't take the time to really stretch the dough and cut it into even pieces, so they aren't too pretty. These were still tasty and were pretty darn close if not exactly the way I remember those breadsticks from so long ago! They made the perfect compliment to the pasta dish I made that night and would be a good little appetizer with marinara sauce during football season.

2 comments:

  1. I love Little Ceasers bread sticks! I'll have to try out this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These really are so tasty and super easy to make! Hope you like them!

      Delete