Friday, July 3, 2015

Beginning Reader Review of Little Critter: This is My Town by Mercer Mayer

Read for: Beginning Reader Challenge
 
 
Synopsis: "Welcome to Critterville!

Little Critter® shares what he knows about his neighbors and the places to go in Critterville. Who delivers the mail? Where does Little Critter go to see a movie? Who keeps everyone safe? Come explore the town with Little Critter and discover where everyone works and plays!

This Is My Town is a simple story, ideal for emergent readers who are eager to know about who does what and where everything happens in their own towns."



My Review: This is a perfect first level reader. The familiar characters from Little Critter books take you on a tour of the town. The simple sentences and familiar places little ones visit with their family make the words easy to identify. This is great for those emerging readers and give them confidence.
 
My Rating: Little Critter books have been so much a part of so many readers lives, I am so glad I get to share them with Munchkin and continue to even after he outgrows the picture books. I give this one a rating of Four Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment