Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tasty Attempts: Mini Caprese Salads

Last year I had started posting What's For Dinner. While I really enjoyed those posts, it was hard to keep up with a weekly post, especially since Munchkin is getting a little more picky about his diet and we are having a lot of repeat meals (sometimes the same thing several times a week). I still wanted to keep posting tasty recipes but include a little more variety (like the appetizers and desserts that I make for various parties). So I am now posting Tasty Attempts every other Tuesday. The posts will include a variety of recipes, maybe some of them turn out tasty, maybe others are failed attempts.
 
 
So to kick off my first Tasty Attempt post, I have a delicious appetizer that I made for Easter (and again for the Dewey's Readathon and a few more times because they are that good).  
 
So here we have Mini Caprese Salads (or kebobs or skewers whatever you would like to call them).
They are super simple to make, transport and of course eat.
 
Ingredients:
Fresh Mini Mozzarella balls (I still cut mine in half)
Fresh Basil (I put half a leaf on each skewer)
Grape Tomatoes
Olive Oil (you can use a flavored one too, try chipotle for extra spice)
Fresh ground black pepper and sea salt (or other spices if you want to get creative)

Then you just layer your ingredients on, drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

I had these super cute little bunny toothpicks for Easter.
I made 24 for of these for our family Easter gathering and there were only 3 or 4 left.
 



2 comments:

  1. Very cute! yummy looking too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are such a delicious and refreshing snack, especially when it is so hot.

      Delete