Friday, April 24, 2015

Spring 2015 Dewey Readathon Preparation

 
The readathon kicks off at this time tomorrow. I am woefully behind on my preparations but I will still get to read tomorrow so that is all that matters.
 
You can see my original sign up link HERE
 
I spent an evening last week planning and adjusting my reading list. I have edited it further as well, I think I will be removing Fried Green Tomatoes and I know I will not be making it through all 6 Warrior Books. The Audiobook, Rush, will take priority, I only have a few hours left.
 
 
Last night I was a little frantic in my cleaning, making sure that I have the house picked up and the major cleaning done. Of course we have a group of friends coming over Sunday afternoon (I really don't think Hubby understands the concept of reading for 24 hours and how exhausting that can be).
 
 
Tonight after work I am solely focusing on the snacks and light meals for the day. I have learned in the past that eating 3 larger meals makes me sleepy. So I have been planning a bunch of lighter smaller meals/snacks.  I tried to plan things that can be made ahead of time.
 
Snack/Meal List:
Caprese Bites (a delicious and light, bite size snack)
Cucumber finger sandwiches (so cute and so tasty)
Berry bowl (fresh treat for the morning kick off)
Ants on a log (can't beat this snack of celery, peanut butter & raisins)
Olive/ pepperoni bites (another quick bite sized snack)
Corn chips with dip (or nachos if I can get the hubby to make them)
Edamame (supposedly an energy boosting food)
Popcorn (I can't get through a day without it)
Leftover pizza (from tonight's movie night with Munchkin)
Brownies (for a sweet treat)
 
If I have time tonight after making all these goodies I also have a special nail art planned for the readathon but it is just an extra if I have time. I am also going to try to organize my crafting supplies tonight so that when I am listening to the audio book tomorrow I can craft too.
 
 
Hope all your plans are falling into place! Have fun and good luck tomorrow!
 


4 comments:

  1. Awesome plans! I just made my shopping list: M and Ms, salty almonds, frozen pizza, strawberries and bananas, muffins, and probably chips of some kind. That's about all I'll plan. The only thing I'll made ahead of time is the traditional caramel popcorn, that is, if I can buy a new popcorn popper since it broke last time I used it. :( And I'm too lazy to do it in a pan today! And you have Saga! I wanted to read that one so bad, but didn't get my hands on it in time. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to get your hands on Saga! If you can't get it sometime soon I can send my copies for you to borrow.

      Delete
  2. Holy Crap, Ang! You are way organized. Very impressive. I've made no plans. Basically I just want to sit and read. Maybe order a pizza and try not to fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I have this weird issue with being organized. Hubby makes fun of me because I have lists on my lists. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing plan, hope it worked out well!

      Delete