Saturday, February 7, 2015

Graphic Novel Review of Cinderella Vol. 1 From Fabletown with Love by Chris Roberson

Read for: Graphic Novel Challenge
 
Synopsis: "When supernatural artifacts from the Homelands begin surfacing in the modern world, it falls to Cinderella, Fabletown's best kept (and best dressed) secret agent to stop the illegal trafficking. But can Cindy foil the dark plot before Fabletown and its hidden, exiled inhabitants are exposed once and for all? And how does her long lost Fairy Godmother factor into the equation?

Whether she's soaring through clouds, deep-sea diving, or cracking jaws, Cindy travels from Manhattan to Dubai and hooks up with a handsome, familiar accomplice who may be harboring secret motives of his own. Meanwhile, trouble brews back home in Fabletown when Cindy's overworked, underappreciated assistant decides to seize control of The Glass Slipper, Cindy's exclusive shoe boutique."


My Review: This seems to be a branch-off series from Fables. I wasn't too keen on this one. The illustrations are in the same to similar style of the original series which was nice. The storyline however was a little all over the place with memories and flashbacks but they weren't really well defined. I do like the idea of Cinderella being an assassin but you really didn't get to see much of that side. It was just a little confusing, a little slow and not really all that intriguing. I do have the next one so we will have to see how that goes before I purchase anymore.
 
My Rating: I wasn't super thrilled with this one, maybe it is the fact that I have read so many better Graphic Novels since reading Fables or this one just didn't hold up. Either way it is not at the top of my list.  I give it a rating of Two Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment