Saturday, January 31, 2015

Graphic Novel Review of Star Wars Ewoks: Shadows of Endor by Zack Giallongo

 
Synopsis: "Until now, the Ewoks had been able to ignore the arrival of the Empire's stormtroopers on Endor. But when they discover their rivals, the Duloks, have been enslaved and a legendary beast has been awakened, the Ewoks realize they may have to prepare for war—as soon as they figure out how to survive the beast!

* Leads directly into the events of Return of the Jedi!

* Ties into the beloved Ewoks TV series and movies!"


My Review: I love Star Wars and have always had a soft spot for ewoks, so of course I had to pick this one up. I like how it was tied in to the movies, it made it a little easier to place time lines and settings, but the format was small (smaller than the usual sized paper) and most of the images were dark so it make it difficult to see the details of the illustrations. The storyline did jump around a little and with the lack of the details it was hard to place who was who at times, which made it difficult to follow the story in some places. I still enjoyed it but not as much as I would have hoped.
 
My Rating: It wasn't all I had hoped but it was still enjoyable, it is definitely geared toward a younger reader.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment